Programs: Barber Instructor Program Admission Requirements:
Applicants are considered for acceptance by the school only after meeting the following requirements:
- The applicant must be a current licensed Barber
- The applicant must demonstrate a desire to be an instructor
- Applicant must meet State Board requirements:
- The applicant must be at least 17 years of age
- The applicant must have a Diploma or GED
- The applicant must pass an interview by a school official.
This program is designed to train a licensed Barber to share, dispense, and divulge knowledge and skills. This course will prepare students to take the New Mexico State Board Examination, and enable them to receive their Barber Instructor License. The full instructor program consists of 1000 clock hours. This program takes approximately 24 weeks to complete.
Barber Instructor Outline
- Program Development & Lesson Planning
- Teaching Methods
- Teaching Aids
- Theory Teaching/Classroom Management
- Testing/Student Evaluation
- Laboratory Supervision
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be issued a certificate and will be eligible to take the State Board Examination.